Features & Benefits.
The Z Sphere has two options for food production, one interior and one exterior. Both are low-maintenance hydroponic solutions.
Water Filtration / Treatment
Living or Working Space
Potable Water Source
Z Sphere Products.
The Z Sphere is a geodesic sphere, made of modular structural panels designed to withstand natural disasters including – Hurricanes, Floods, Storm surge, Earthquakes, Wildfires and more.
The Z Sphere comes in three sizes (diameter):
Ideal for tiny house type living or up to 3 people (approx. 500 sq. ft.)
Ideal for a small family of 4-5 or small multi-office business (approx. 1000 sq. ft)
Ideal for a large family, retreat or medium size office (2000+ sq. ft.)
- Structural Insulated Panel Outer Walls
- Building wind rating of 200MPH (SUSTAINED)
- Well or municipal water hookup
- Sewer or septic hookup
- Grid power interface (100A Service in 20′ & 30′, 200A in 40′)
- Advanced thermal insulation
- Advanced Climate Control Systems
- Brushfire & forest fire resilient
- Flood resilient up to 2 to 3’ of standing water or storm surge
- Superior impact resilience – hail, blown debris, etc.
- (12) Double pane thermally insulated windows with screens – Both fixed and operable
- Interior and exterior spiral stairs
- Window impact protection covers for high wind events
- Move-in ready (including basic kitchen appliances)
- Modular – Select upgrades can be added at a later date
- Multiple Exterior Color Options
- Reinforced, insulated concrete panel exterior – Ideal for Tornado prone areas
- Building wind rating of 250MPH (SUSTAINED)
- Flood resilience up to 9’ – 5’ of standing water plus up to 4’ of wake/waves
- Conventional solar power (both fixed frame and tracking options available), non-resilient
- Conventional wind power, non-resilient
- Integrated, resilient solar power appliance
- Integrated, resilient wind power appliance
- Integrated, resilient solar water heater appliance
- Power storage appliance
- Integrated freshwater management appliance – rainwater or atmospheric water vapor source
- Integrated grey water recycling appliance
- Full wrap-around deck
- Brushfire and/or forest fire exterior suppression system (to protect the structure from elevated temps and fire damage)
- Interior and/or exterior elevator (full accessibility, including wheelchairs)
- Storm surge base (up to 20′ storm surge or standing water flood) – Coming in late 2021
- Standard plus up to 8 more thermally insulated windows (up to 20 total) – Both fixed and operable, depending on position
- Impact resilient glass with UV protection
- Entry door electric rolling storm shutter
- Advanced earthquake base – Coming in mid-2021
- Z Sphere integrated, secure home automation and personal internet
Extreme Natural Disaster Resilience
Long Lasting Architecture
Disaster Resilient Utilities
Quick Build Time
About Z Sphere.
Z Sphere, Inc. is a Delaware Limited Liability Corporation bringing REAL resiliency and sustainability solutions to market. We’ve created a simple, durable, yet highly efficient building solution intended to save lives and reduce dependence on today’s unsustainable water, food, power and building methods.
Meet The Z Sphere Leadership Team.
- 30+ year seasoned entrepreneur
- Multi-decade small family business owner/operator in Atkinson Fishery, Inc. ( 50+ years in operation)
- Senior Information Technology Engineer & Design Architect for 20+ years in the world’s largest banks, insurance companies, manufacturers, pharmaceutical and healthcare providers including; ABN Amro, Aon Insurance, American Medical Association, Lucent Technologies, Takeda Pharmaceuticals and many more
- 20+ years leadership experience in marine operations, construction and fisheries research – including a current USCG Master Captain (100Ton) License
- Organic and non-organic complex systems expert
- College of Lake County Graduate with further study in Business, Engineering and Environmental Science at the University of MN and Northern IL University
- 35+ years in technology leadership roles in the financial services Industry with both internal and external sales roles
- Technology and Business Operations Management lead of 17 global mergers and acquisitions with JP Morgan Chase
- Expert analog and digital systems integrator
- Systems automation expert – currently working closely with UiPATH and Oracle
- 35+ years experience in Fortune 500 Enterprises and Government Agencies including HUD, Freddie Mac, ODNI (including testimony for the Federal Appropriations Committee) and more
- Global speaker on Business Transformation, CRM, Customer Centricity and Global Financial Business Architectures.
- 35 yrs in Urban Planning Policy, executing strategic sustainable practices and International Relations
- Managing Director of an International strategic planning, governmental relations and regulation consulting business operating in the Caribbean Basin.
- Expertise in strategic planning and creating economic development processes to improve quality of life and full participation strategies for low income, people of color and disadvantaged populations.
- Experienced applying sustainable strategies in urban and rural areas, renewable sustainable energy, vertical agriculture, biotechnology, nanotechnology and zero footprint resilient housing.
- UIC / HUD Fellow 1988-1990, Fellow, The American Assembly, Fellow, Leadership Greater Chicago, Member of the Abundance Digital Community and Singularity University.
- Masters in Urban Planning Public Affairs in Urban Housing Development; Undergraduate degrees in Theology, Biblical Languages, Secondary Education and Applied Investigative Technology. University of Illinois Chicago, Andrews University, Michigan.
Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer